young woman shocked by tax notice

IRS Notice?

Getting a letter from the IRS can be scary, but don’t panic. Millions of notices are sent out each year. If you’re received a tax notice that you have unfiled returns or owe a balance, there are tax relief programs available to help. At IRS Fresh Start, we’ll connect you to tax experts who will help you find an affordable solution and keep the IRS off your back.

Why Did The IRS Send Me a Letter?

The IRS sends various types of correspondence to taxpayers, including tax notices and letters. Not all are bad. In some cases, they are requesting additional information to assist with processing your tax return or letting you know that you are due a refund. Others, however, may notify you of a balance owed or a missing return.

Some of the most common notices include CP521 (installment payment due), CP504 (balance owed), CP44 (delay in processing your return), and CP180 (missing schedule or form).

Speak to a Tax Expert About Your IRS Notice

How to Handle Your IRS Notice

If you receive a notice from the IRS, it’s important to follow these simple steps.

  1. Don’t ignore the letter!
  2. Read your tax notice thoroughly and pay attention to any deadlines.
  3. Respond promptly. Failure to comply in a timely manner may result in hefty penalties and interest fees.
  4. Keep a copy for your records, including any responses you may send.

We strongly recommend reviewing your IRS notice with a tax professional to determine your next steps. A tax expert can also explain your tax relief options and help prevent IRS collection actions.

Need Help With an IRS Letter?

Need Tax Relief?

Complete the Questionnaire Below to See If You Qualify.

Which type of tax relief do you need?
How much do you owe in federal back taxes?
(OK to estimate)
Do you have any late or unfiled tax returns?
How many years of unfiled tax returns do you have?
Do you need help because you can’t pay your taxes in full at this time?
Do you currently have an installment agreement or payment plan with the IRS?
Have you received a collection letter from the IRS?
Are you Currently Employed?

Thank you for your interest in IRS Fresh Start. At this time, we are unable to assist with your tax situation. We recommend contacting the IRS directly at 800-829-1040 to see what options may be available to you.

You Qualify For A Free Consultation

Final Step: Complete the form and get your Free Consultation by a Tax Professional.