Tax Offset

If you owe certain government debts, your tax refund could be in jeopardy. Contact IRS Fresh Start and protect your hard-earned money before it’s too late!

Why Did The IRS Take My Money?

There are a variety of situations where your tax refund may be seized to pay back certain debts. This is known as tax offset.

Although the IRS withholds your refund, it does so at the direction of the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Bureau of Fiscal Service (BFS), which actually issues the checks.

The BFS may take your tax refund if you have any of the following types of debts:

  • Unpaid federal income taxes
  • Overdue state income taxes
  • Defaulted federal student loans
  • Unemployment compensation overages
  • Delinquent child support payments
  • Overdue spousal support payments

If you have any of these types of debts, do not file your taxes without consulting with a tax professional first.

tax offset helped this business man keep his money safe

Call Now to Protect Your Tax Refund!

Request an IRS Hardship Refund

Once the IRS seizes your tax refund, it can be very difficult to get it back. If you’re experiencing severe economic hardship, however, they may consider returning your money to you.

To request an IRS hardship refund, you must contact the IRS and provide enough evidence to sway them to reverse their decision. Although you can do it on your own, retaining the services of a tax professional is highly recommended. A tax expert will know which information is necessary and how to properly word the request to get a more favorable decision. To learn more about the qualifications for an IRS hardship refund, call 855-598-4280 to speak with one of our tax consultants today!

See If You Qualify For an IRS Hardship Refund

Need Tax Relief?

Complete the Questionnaire Below to See If You Qualify.

Which type of tax relief do you need?
How much do you owe in federal back taxes?
(OK to estimate)
Do you have any late or unfiled tax returns?
How many years of unfiled tax returns do you have?
Do you need help because you can’t pay your taxes in full at this time?
Do you currently have an installment agreement or payment plan with the IRS?
Have you received a collection letter from the IRS?
Are you Currently Employed?

Thank you for your interest in IRS Fresh Start. At this time, we are unable to assist with your tax situation. We recommend contacting the IRS directly at 800-829-1040 to see what options may be available to you.

You Qualify For A Free Consultation

Final Step: Complete the form and get your Free Consultation by a Tax Professional.